Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Un-trusting problem

A while ago I was still debating whether to post this is English or Chinese. English was chosen as I hope to get this over and done with. Last night while I was socialing at En Motion Dance Studio, my phone was silently ringing for over 30mins, one call after another non-stop. By the time we got on to DingYang's car, I saw the faint backlight of my phone showing that someone is calling. Without hesitating, I pick it up. It was a fun night with music and dancing and learning as well. But this call from my dad spoiled EVERYTHING. he was like "do you know how many times we tried calling you? Do you have any idea what time is it now? Dont you think you should have at least call us to tell us where you are?" A series of questions in a tone you could never imagine. While listening, I just rolled my eyes. "I told mum and sis that I will be socializing. they should know what time I will be back." "and pratically they dont know because your sister keeps on saying you are not back yet!" yeah right. I didn't even try to make myself clear, just nodding and saying okay,uhhh,yes simply because I am in someone's car and everyone is listening. I just wanna that damn call to hang up. And finally my dad hung up angrily.

I happen to then see the notifications on the screen... wow, 43 missed calls. No wonder he is so angry. But then my sister say she only started calling at 12. and I picked up the call at 12.27. Hmmmm, 43missed calls in 27mins?! I bet they can probably add this into genius world records. My friends tried to cheer me up saying they are just worried about you. HA! interesting. lets face it, they just don't trust me. Like what I said to Nigel " after so many years of being independent, suddenly I am like a 3 year old kid who doesn't even know when to go home." Another thing, my sister is really... ABSOLUTELY no words can describe her. She is always the one who gets so uptight with everything that when you didn't lock the gate when u step foot into the house she thinks that someone will just come in. Usually I just ignore her non-sense but this is way too much! When she is out till 7am in the morning or 2 days never go home, I trusted her that she knows what she is doing and will definitely come back when its done. And this is what I got from her, telling daddy that she is so worried cause I am not back by 12am. FUCK. sometimes I just wanna bang myself in the wall.

Next is the 43 missed calls. I always thought my dad has the highest EQ. somehow his action tells me otherwise. Seriously, when the phone is not around the person, no matter how many times u call he/she just couldn't pick up. What should be done is leave 2 missed calls and wait for the person to call you back. 43missed calls will not have increased effect on the person psychologically. I DON'T FEEL BAD for not answering that 43missed calls!

Last and least is so disappointed with my sister. Very disappointed. She knows exactly how it is like in the dance studio with music bombarding the ear drums and she allow this whole missed calls and scolding episode to appear. And also posting on my fb wall asking me to call back. wow. in the back of her mind she thinks that my friends will alert me about this and BTW, who will stalk me on my fb? I am thinking, maybe I need to write where i am going everyday on a piece of paper since my family members didn't know how to listen.

Very long post, very childish but sometimes its good to be a child. at least we get to complaint about everything.

No comments: