Saturday, February 11, 2012

Salsa En Sync

Dance practice started out in a bad way as Gary got really furious at us for not able to do spot turn. I tried my best to learn and one turn seems okay for me. But two? Thats a little hard. I am not finding excuses but even some seniors can't do the two spot turns. Its tough. I still couldn't figure out how Siti does it. She is like a god in salsa. Everything seem so easy when she does it. Hope one day I can be like her. 

The salsa choreo is making some progression, at least this is what Gary said. another 45 secs to go. But I guess refining the dance and planning the choreo is two different thing. Refining usually takes longer time. Before Elijah came to join us, Arbisak was my partner. He dances really well and I can make that "two" spot turns! When Elijah came, I failed terribly. We couldn't hit the timing and he didn't do the small small part of the choreo. I sort of helped him to cheat saying "I will just put my hand at the back when you forget to swing it." Bad idea but It sort of prevented us from looking weird. Another thing, although we have not been practising outside, I can feel some connection with him. Hmmmm... should quote an example. There was this part where by my left leg is suppose to go inbetween his leg as he cross over me. I will retract my leg and make two turns using my elbow as the pivoting point. Last two practises I lost my balance after one turn but ytd I could do both! Although ytd I fell quite badly once and landed on my back. But the rest was good. Hees. at least some improvements.

Samba is way more enjoyable than salsa though. but during the practise, i notice jia min was gone. She took quite sometime to get back. And when she's back, she came to me and ask me to go out. hmmm i was super suspicious but when i open the door, I knew what i was facing. Karmen and Amelie were there sitting on the floor. Amelie broke the slience "We want to know, do you mind being the next Salsa En Sync chairperson?". I knew what was coming but having heard it straight from them is totally different."eh. I don't think I have what it takes to be a chairperson." However, whatever reasons that I gave for not wanting to be the chairperson were rebutted by their "explanations". I was particularly concern about committing during vacation due to the need to work during holidays. instead of hearing things like "no, you dont have to as there are nothing much during vacation." they answered with "If you are the chairperson, you can arrange in such a way that everyone accommodate to your plan."  Tempting! super tempting. Hahs. but I still doesn't think I am capable. Anyway, after the interview my emotions were a little bit affected. Didn't enjoy the rest of samba. I am glad we ended early.

Had a nice chat with Flo. Jian Qi saw us and he was like "you two are so complicated". hahas. NOTHING is complicated as Jian Qi and his Miss Tan. Anyway, its just a friendly talk. Today Flo is suppose to meet up with the girl. Hope everything turns out well for him. It is a make or break situation. Love is always like that. Why isn't there a third choice?

Oh my smurf!, its so late already. Got to sleep. Nice narrating the story (self-praised).

No comments: